Welcome to Acorns!
Our team of passionate Early Years professionals are excited to welcome the newest members of #teamRedwood to our teacher-led nursery provision.
We strive for excellence in the Early Years and this is reflected in our indoor and outdoor provision, pedagogy and ethos.
We demonstrate our values of Achievement, Excellence and Opportunities by:
- Encouraging all our children to achieve their very best by meeting their individual needs
- Ensuring the best quality resources and learning environments are available to all
- Engaging in as many wider opportunities as we possibly can such as Forest School Fridays
A copy of the New Starters' Handbook is available below - please also remember to sign up to Class Dojo to see the amazing work Acorns are completing.
CURRENT CURRICULUM THEME:
Our big question is: Do all stories have happy endings?
We are currently exploring traditional tales, building on the work in Autumn Term on Nursery Rhymes.
Traditional tales are an important part of the development of early reading as children learn to recite familiar stories and begin to understand the structure of tales with a beginning, middle and end.
WE ARE READING:
- The Three Little Pigs
- Goldilocks and the three bears
- The Gingerbread Man
- Jack & the Beanstalk
- The Runaway Wok (Chinese New Year)