Oak, Year 6
Welcome to Oak, Year 6
Year 6 is a lively, fast-paced learning community, which we believe combines the desire to work hard with the need to be mindful and develop ourselves as 'Maltby Citizens': ready for the next step on our individual journeys.
We demonstrate our values of Achievement, Excellence and Opportunities by:
- Being committed to achieving our personal best
- Striving to be excellent ourselves, and challenging this in others to benefit our learning community
- Engaging in as many wider opportunities as we possibly can
CURRENT CURRICULUM THEME:
Our Big Question is: What is home?
The question ' What is home?' leads us to consider life during WW2. We will explore themes such as homelessness through evacuation and loss during the blitz: rationing and hardship alongside key historical figures such as Churchill and Hitler.
Using a range of fiction and non-fiction texts, we will build on our reading fluency and stamina, at the same time building our technical vocabulary and understanding of what was a significant period in British history.
WE ARE READING:
- After the war
- Goodnight Mr Tom
- D-Day Dog
- The Diary of Anne Franke
- When Hitler stole Pink Rabbit
- Friend or Foe
- A WWII Evacuee
- Horrible Histories: Heroic Home Front, Blitzed Britz, Wily Winston Churchill
- Who's Who in WW2
- D-Day Girls
- The Missing